Brilliant Customer Service Training
Motivational one-day interactive customer service training course
Low fixed-cost for up to 12 attendees per course. Proven content, exert trainers. In-company and personalised at no extra charge. Customer Service Skills training in any UK or international location. You provide the venue, we do the rest!
Brilliant Customer Service‘s one-day training workshop is a top-quality customer service training event suitable for almost any types and sizes of organisation. This one-day interactive training course covers all aspects of customer service skills. It is ideal for all types and sizes of business, plus internal customer service and support desk staff. The course has a simple objective:
“…to raise customer service and support standards by instructing, equipping and inspiring participants to delight all customers at every opportunity.”
Six brilliant course main modules
- Service role-models – learning from the best and worst!
- Defining customer experience – The SPECIAL approach
- Customer satisfaction metrics and measures –how to gain customer feedback
- Can-do! Developing an awesome customer personality and attitude
- Best-practice communication skills
- Problems into opportunities– turning complaints and mistakes into customer loyalty
All our Brilliant Customer Service Training programmes are delivered by subject specialists who also have outstanding training skills, in one of more of the following areas:
Customer service management and training – either as a refresher for new ideas
IT help desk, technical support, management and training
Professional services – legal, accounting, PR and media
Public sector – house associations, local authorities
Finance, retail finance, insurance, PE, banking, etc.
International business development
On-line business and e-marketing
Manufacturing, distribution and FMCG
Major accounts and B2B industrial service and support
Retail, trade services, hospitality and leisure
- Sales and customer service in any business or market
Brilliant training course is only one of our customer service courses.
Brilliant Customer Service Training – benefits
Over 10,000 people have attended Brilliant Customer Service training in the last 20 years!
Key learning points include:
- Over 50 of the best tried and tested customer service tips and tricks to use starting NOW!
- How to live the standards, systems and skills that can make every customer feel special
- Use a range of best-practice customer service techniques, tools and skills to differentiate your service and delight every customer.
- How best to change and vary your service approach based on customer need and type.
- Shortcuts to identify different customer needs and situations quickly and effectively; fixing the customer and problem equally.
- Understand how to manage customer expectations and deliver more than you promise, consistentlydeliberately.
- Techniques to maintain a positive attitude throughout the day
- Ten steps to develop your service skills to a new level of professionalism.
- Satisfy complainers, calm upset customers and regain goodwill.
- Be able to define and measure customer service using benchmarking, net promoter scores, KPI’s and customer feedback.
- Knock-out telephone skills for both internal and external customer calls.
- How to ‘hard-wire the soft stuff’ and create processes for a more differentiated and consistent customer experience.
Who should attend?
All customer service staff of course, plus technical and support staff, managers and team leaders who support or work with either internal or external customers. The course is suitable for all sectors – large and small organisations, private and public sector.
Satisfied customers are more loyal, spend more money and more likely to recommend you. Delivering brilliant customer service is also more efficient and can save time, money and energy. Other benefits include improved staff morale and improved customer retention.
Benefits for attendees
More confidence in dealing with all types of customer situation, plus new skills and more success and positive customer experiences. A unique feature of the course is that it addresses both the service standards and skills people use.
Brilliant Customer Service – Example course outline
Rock and Role-Models
- Personal objectives and introduction
- Real-life good and bad service examples
- Benefits of Brilliant Customer Service
The SPECIAL approach – defining exactly what good customer service ‘looks like’
- Customer service psychology
- How to make every customer feel special
- Qualities of customer service and support ‘superstars’
- Building a customer-focused culture
Metrics and measures
- Examples of gaining feedback from customers – open and closed loops
- Using different kinds of benchmarking and metrics (competitive, non-competing, and existing versus future ideal)
- Customer service key performance indicators with worked examples.
- Defining your added value through service brilliance and the ‘ultimate question’
Calmer Chameleon – using the power of personality to deliver great service
- How to best to vary your approach to different types of customers.
- Why some customers are more important and ‘difficult’ than others
- Developing a Brilliant Customer Service ‘personality’
The ten most important do’s and dont’s when dealing with people,
Best practice skills and more
- Using the telephone effectively to delight customers
- In writing, email or on-line
- Face to face and with colleagues
- Phrases and techniques; tips and tricks
- Managing expectations and working with your internal customers and colleagues
- Working smarter to increase personal productivity
Problems into opportunities – how to turn around situations
- How to use preparation and previous experience to avoid problems.
- Using the GREAT FUN model to fix recurring problems and dissatisfaction.
- Rea life examples of how best to react, resolve and regain trust when mistakes or problems occur.
Pulling it all together – transferring learning into actions
- Action plan and learning diary
- Summary of key learning points
The day includes:
- High-quality training presentation
- Group exercises and activities
- Video modules
- High degree of interaction
A SPECIAL course – not just Brilliant!
The course features many unique concepts, ideas and approaches, including the SPECIAL model – the key to a positive customer experience
Speed and Time
Personal and personalised
Expectations – manage and exceed
Competence and courtesy
Long-term relationship and follow-through
Each of these points are explained and related explicitly to the jobs the course participants do and their interaction with customers on the telephone, face-to-face or via email.
Please get in touch by email or call 07515 851691
Some comments from customers and training participants
‘A chance to discuss with other colleagues across College about customer issues/experience. Trainer was very friendly and professional!!’ (Carmel College)
‘Balance of presentation/group exercises, etc, was very good and kept you alert and interested throughout the day.’ (De Lage Landen)
‘Constant support and encouragement; praise which instilled confidence; very professional and fun.’ (Ambius)
‘Covered a lot of areas but managed to remain interesting throughout.’ (Network Resource)
‘Easy-going atmosphere; useful information; thought-provoking.’ (Carmel College)
‘Enjoyable, interactive day with other colleagues. Not too serious but gave a lot of food for thought and ideas to put into practice.’ (Carmel College)
‘Enjoyed having advice about how to deal with difficult situations.’ (Strutt & Parker)
‘Enjoyed the workshop – got a lot out of it. Thank you.’ (Carmel College)
‘Everyone achieved something regardless of their skill set when they arrived.’ (Ambius)
‘Found the course very interesting and informative. Wasn’t sure what to expect before the course but found I’ve learnt some new personal skills.’ (Ultra Electronics)
‘Free flowing, with opportunity to ask questions.’ (Elstree Golf Club)
‘Friendly and informative. Very good.’ (Ping)
‘Friendly instructor; easy; fun.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘Fun and informative. Lots of ideas given.’ (ASOS)
‘Fun and interesting.’ (ASOS)
‘Fun, interesting and valuable.’ (ASOS)
‘Gained everybody’s participation and input.’ (Carmel College)
‘Good examples of how to deal with customers and to word things differently as a good way to keep them happy!’ (Ping)
‘Good interaction – involved everyone in all parts.’ (Network Resource)
‘Good interaction to make it interesting. Trainer made it an enjoyable day. Thank you!’ (De Lage Landen)
‘Good refresher – opportunity to reflect.’ (New College Telford)
‘Graham held our attention. He kept it lively and fast-paced – no chance of the “nodding dog” syndrome!
Content was relevant to our business, and not over-complicated. Interesting to listen to.’ (Strutt & Parker)
‘Graham was fantastic.’ (GoNative!)
‘Great fun, easy to understand, with some good ideas of how to improve work.’ (ASOS)
‘Great presentation style; good mix of presentation and activities.’ (Carmel College)
‘Helped me gain confidence to deal with customers.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘How to handle difficult customers was useful.’ (British Film Institute)
‘I felt a lot more confident about dealing with situations outside my normal remit – I’d like to try my role-playing phone call again!’ (Network Resource)
‘I found Graham to be very knowledgeable about a lot of issues. I felt I have learnt a lot today. Thanks.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘I found the trainer accessible and enjoyable. A well-structured day.’ (ASOS)
‘I have learnt a lot from these two days. Full of content.’ (Ambius)
‘I liked the interaction between Graham and ourselves; throughout the course there was plenty of opportunity to participate.’ (De Lage Landen)
‘I liked the way the trainer gave an example for every situation.’ (GoNative!)
‘I liked the way things were explained and made easy to understand.’ (Southampton University)
‘I particularly liked the presentational style.’ (Strutt & Parker)
‘I thought Graham delivered the course fantastically – fun, varied and he knew about our business.’ (My Family Care)
‘I thought the pace of the course was good and Graham kept a good level of interest with the group.’ (GoNative!)
‘I thought the presentation skills of Graham Roberts-Phelps were excellent. He held the attention of the group very well and delivered his message with sincerity and humour.’ (Strutt & Parker)
‘In general, I feel this type of training would benefit all staff of the College, as we all could be classed as “the customer” and it would promote a more cohesive approach across College.’ (Carmel College)
‘Informal atmosphere. Variety of issues.’ (Carmel College)
‘Informative; well presented.’ (Carmel College)
‘It made me feel comfortable and able to do my job better, and gave me the tools to do it.’ (Ambius)
‘It was interesting and FUN!’ (Southampton University)
‘Jo made the whole training very friendly and interesting.’ (Southampton University)
‘Jo was an interesting and captivating trainer. Time flew, content was good. Best course I’ve had in ages.’ (Ultra Electronics)
‘Kept all interested despite varying levels of previous training.’ (Ambius)
‘Learning how to alter a situation to work in your favour by using great customer service techniques.’ (Network Resource)
‘Linked very well to my role! Could relate examples to everyday tasks.’ (North Hertfordshire Homes)
‘Lots of time to participate. It was fun.’ (De Lage Landen)
‘Made us think about how we work.’ (ASOS)
‘Much more fun than I had anticipated.’ (Ambius)
‘No videos! Plenty of interactive exercises.’ (Ultra Electronics)
‘Pace – didn’t dwindle throughout day.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
Participation was never pressurised.’ (Ambius)
‘Really enjoyed the course – it gave me a chance to reflect on how I do my job and be more aware of students’ behaviour and how I react.
Very good.’ (New College Telford)
‘Really happy with the feedback.’ (Network Resource)
‘Really liked Graham’s style and personality. It made it an enjoyable training course.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘Relaxed and informative atmosphere.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘Relaxed atmosphere. Examples specific to current work.’ (Stoke SFC)
‘Role play really showed how you can control a conversation.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘Role play was interesting and helpful.’ (Saudi Aramco)
‘Small groups. Short exercises. Delivery of trainer. Right pace.’ (Carmel College)
‘The “fun” factor made it very easy to follow.’ (North Hertfordshire Homes)
‘The course was beneficial and what I particularly liked was the real examples and the nice manner. I enjoyed the class, the instructor was great.’ (SaudiAramco)
‘The course was very easy to relate to and very helpful.’ (Ping)
‘The relaxed atmosphere and the way the trainer coached rather than corrected in front of group.’ (Ambius)
‘The trainer was very enthusiastic and it was helpful working in groups to find out about others’ customer experiences.’ (Strutt & Parker)
‘The way it was presented, which was backed up with good examples, made you think.’ (De Lage Landen)
‘Used humour to impart knowledge.’ (Network Resource)
‘Very easy to follow and well presented. Not boring!’ (ASOS)
‘Very impressive presentations and examples. Good course folders.’
‘Very informative and will be useful in many aspects of “Reception” work.’ (New College Telford)
‘Very informative, enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere.’ (Network Resource)
‘Very informative, interesting and easy to understand.’ (Ultra Electronics)
‘Very interesting and relevant.’ (Carmel College)
‘Very interesting course given at the right pace for everyone.’ (Ultra Electronics)
‘Very interesting. Kept me awake throughout! Very real and all examples related to my everyday life.’ (My Family Care)
‘Very well controlled and handled.’ (Ambius)
‘Very worthwhile and good ideas for dealing with difficult situations.’
‘Very, very informative with excellent ideas to take back into my job and enable me to become more effective.’ (Wincanton Distribution)
‘Gave me more confidence. As a nervous person that was very important.’ (Ambius)
‘Well matched to everyone’s level, a good starter for further more specific customer service training/consultations. Activities in groups got everyone thinking.’ (Wasabi)
‘Well structured and presented. Good documented material to take away.’ (Network Resource)
‘Well-presented course – excellent.’ (Ultra Electronics)
‘Will help me to provide a better level of customer service and solve the challenges of difficult situations.’ (North Hertfordshire Homes)
‘10 / 10 for professional / uplifting.’ (Network Resource)
‘Learned new things and there were some good ideas.’ (Ambius)