‘Brilliant Customer Service!’ trainer profile
Amanda is a consultant, facilitator and coach with an in-depth understanding of organisational, team and personal change in the public sector. She has imagination that lends itself to providing interesting and creative learning interventions and a talent for strategic thinking. She has experience of supporting and driving change in challenging situations and builds positive relationships with people at all levels. She uses a range of training and coaching approaches to create and support motivating and safe learning environments and promote transfer back at work.
Previous roles have included working in front line, management and leadership positions in all three sectors at local and national level and including two assistant directorships. After 15 years of enjoying these roles and responsibilities, Amanda set up her own business in 2001. She has since developed a number of specialisms, including customer focus, performance management and coaching. Amanda is currently also a Trustee and Director of Action4Youth, a leading registered charity, and Chair of the Board and Director of a Community Interest Company where she maintains a leadership position and works on consultancy based initiatives to support social enterprise in the South East region.
Amanda works mainly in the public and not-for-profit sectors (including social enterprises and public business support services), for clients such as Greenwich Council, Newham Council, Essex County Council, East Thames Group, Peabody Trust, Homes for Islington, Connexions Surrey, Business Link SW and WM, Business Link for London, Islington Council, SFEDI Awards, MK Arts for Health, Her Majesty’s Court Service, MK Play Association, Milton Keynes NHS Foundation Trust, Outreach MK, Surrey Youth Consortium, Oxfordshire Association for Young People, Social Enterprise South East (SE²) and the YMCA.
Her qualifications include:
- Chartered FCIPD
- Post Graduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring Practice
- Full membership of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- Qualified NLP Business Practitioner and NLP Performance Coach
- NVQ4 Training and Development (Learning and Development) with CIPD
- A1 and SFEDI Assessor
Amanda has undertaken a number of consultancy assignments in the customer service field, including:
- Work with a new Contact Centre (County Council) to design and deliver induction and customer service training for all call centre operatives, followed by team building activities to embed standards and team working
- Delivery of a cross-departmental, service-wide customer focus training programme for front-line staff working in Inner London Borough Housing and Environmental Services
- Delivery of customer service standards training for front-line staff in two public service organisations
- Delivery of senior management workshops to support improved performance in customer service for an Inner London Borough
- Delivery of customer service officer training and first line customer service training for the Courts Service
- Design and facilitation of a cross-departmental creativity and innovation programme for a County Council on improving customer service
Amanda is based in Milton Keynes and works throughout the UK, but particularly in London and the south-east (London, Essex, Surrey, Berkshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire) and the Midlands (the West Midlands, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Warwickshire).