Graham is a specialist training professional with a great deal of experience and expertise in all aspects of customer service and sales – from skills through to standards and systems.
Previously a top-performing IT and solution sales professional, and a sales manager and marketing director, he has been training, coaching and consulting since 1993, and has personally trained over 20,000 people, in 25 different countries, from hundreds of different organisations spanning almost all industries and types of business. In this time he has developed a unique series of models and approaches based on what really works, which have come to form the basis of the ‘Brilliant Customer Service!’ programmes.
As well as being a specialist in customer and sales strategies, Graham is also a popular motivational speaker. His consulting and training work takes him to all parts of the world, giving him a unique insight and depth of knowledge in his specialisms.
Graham has delivered training and consultancy services in a very wide range of sectors and clients, including:
- Manufacturing: clients include Daimler-Chrysler, Citroen, Mono Pumps, Hazlewood Foods, Daresbury Labs, Weetabix, Nikon, Shell, Black & Decker, Bandag Tyres, Precision Europe, PING Europe, Schroff, RWD, Hellmann, GPS UK
- Telecoms: clients include BT, Nortel, Alcatel, Vodafone, AT&T, Cable & Wireless, Atlantic Telecom, Orange
- Pharmaceutical/health: clients include Pfizer, Glaxo, Boots, Unilever, Dental Supply, Skin Health Spas Group
- Travel/leisure: clients include Cosmos Group, American Express (Travel), Thomas Cook, Petchey Group, Avro, Distant Dreams, Travelsphere, BBC Worldwide, Elstree Golf Club
- IT/technology: clients include Apple, Amadeus, Ingram Micro, Sony, IDC Semi Conductors, Motorola, Cisco, Gateway, CSF, Sun Micro, Logica, Europay, Intel, OpenText, Network Resource, Pegasus, DST International, Generator Systems, Adaptec
- Public / third sector: clients include Prison Service, TFL, CCTA, Home Office, Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, BIG Lottery Fund, City & Islington College
- Retail: clients include Vodafone, MFI, ASOS, HMV (UK) Ltd, Berkmann Wine, Mole Valley Farmers
- Finance / insurance: clients include Amex, AXA, Barclays, LIFFE, Abbey National, De Lage Landen, AIG, Nationwide, Thomson Financial, Seico
- Professional and business services: clients include Connells Estate Agents, Vision IT, Law Society, Arramark, Strutt & Parker, ATS Euromaster, Go Native!, Wincanton, CBS Butler, Xchanging, My Family Care, Tinies, Consignia Group, Sledge, Sothebys
Examples of his larger ‘roll-out’ programmes include:
- American Express: Customer Service Strategy and Implementation
- Amadeus: Global Sales Programme
- Gateway: International Customer Service and Sales Project
- Sun Micro: European Sales Training Programme
- Daimler-Chrysler: Negotiation Skills for 120 Budget Holders
- Prison Service: (Internal) Customer Skills for 100 Support Staff
- Ingram Micro: Training of entire Sales Call-Centre Team
- Vodafone: Major sales development across three divisions and 80 sales people
- Ambius (ie, Rentokil, on behalf of The In-House Training Company): Annual conference presentation to 130 staff on ‘Legendary customer service’ with follow-up coaching skills programmes for line managers to further develop their teams’ service skills
- SaudiAramco (on behalf of The In-House Training Company): Training of entire team in a newly established supply chain contact centre in Saudi Arabia
- British Film Institution (on behalf of The In-House Training Company): Training of 60+ customer-facing staff in ‘Service with a Sale!’
Internationally known as a trainer and speaker, Graham believes that effective learning has to be participative and interactive – his learning events are built around practical exercises, role-play and case studies.
His training style focuses not just on explaining new ideas or developing new skills, but also on motivating people to use them and to develop themselves as individuals – in essence, to create real change.
Graham manages to achieve the right balance between style and substance, content and format. Participants leave with many practical, proven and often original ideas.
‘Took away some very good ideas that I can use every day… good examples too.’
‘A very interesting course that was full of useful hints and tips which I will apply to my job.’
‘Extremely well presented and structured’
‘A very intensive course and a lot of concrete tools provided.’
‘Useful data, tools and insights – engaging and interesting as always.’
‘Very confident in the subject, and amusing too. Made the course very interesting. A very clear good sales model to use going forward.’
‘Brilliant course, really interesting and very focused to my job role and day to day work.’
‘Very good… contained everything we do on a regular basis and problems we have come across… the exercises made it very interesting too.’
Graham has written many best-selling books on training and business, published in several different countries, including:
- ‘CRM – How to turn a good business into a great one’
- ‘Telephone Tactics’
- ‘Companies don’t succeed – people do!’
- ‘Fifty ways to liven up your meetings’
- ‘Work Smarter – achieving more with less’
- ‘90 Brain Teasers for Trainers’
- ‘Sales Games for Trainers’
- ‘Health & Safety Games for Trainers’
- ‘Customer Service Games for Trainers’
Graham is the lead trainer for:
He is still available for delivery of the other ‘Brilliant Customer Service!’ programmes at the rate of £1,495 per day’s training (or £1,295 for public and voluntary sectors), or click here for the full range of approved ‘Brilliant Customer Service!’ trainers.