- “One customer, well-taken-care-of, could be more valuable than $10,000 worth of advertising.”
- Jim Rohn
The perfect receptionist!
As a receptionist, you are very much on the front line. Whether on the phone or face-to-face, you may well be the first point of contact for existing and potentially new customers. You are also connecting with all levels within your organisation. And you’re inter-acting with a wide range of other people who have dealings with your organisation, whether on a regular or a one-off basis. What’s more, some of these people aren’t that easy to deal with.
You have to do all this to a consistently high standard, mindful of the fact that you are the public face of the organisation. You have to be polite, engaging and efficient at all times. And you need to be able to deal with a wide variety of people and potentially difficult situations.
This is all much harder than it looks, which is why we have devised this very practical half-day programme specifically to help reception teams to develop their understanding of the importance at all times of excellent customer service.
This course will help participants:
- Recognise the benefits of good customer service and how essential it is to the reputation and success of the organisation.
- Identify the characteristics of a professional receptionist and the importance of projecting a professional image at all times.
- Understand how essential body language and listening skills are in the communication process.
- Recognise who are their customers and their position in the organisation.
- Build rapport with customers and exceed their expectations.
- Understand the importance of being continually observant and recognising potential security issues.
The programme benefits all reception and ‘front of house’ teams.
This is a very fun, participative half-day workshop. Participants leave with enhanced skills and even greater motivation.
Releasing reception staff for training can be a challenge, which is why this programme has been designed as a half-day event – ideally, half the team can do the programme in the morning, the other half in the afternoon.
The expert trainer
Annette Reynolds is a dynamic and highly motivational training consultant having over 20 years’ experience in customer services and leadership and management, as a company trainer for British Airways and more recently across both the private and public sectors. Her focus is on enabling others to work towards the professional and personal life that they desire and, more importantly, to enjoy the journey along the way.
Annette’s training style is relaxed and interactive, whilst ensuring the activities are challenging enough to be effective. People who have attended Annette’s courses have not only learnt to recognise their abilities and learn new skills, but have gained the confidence to be able to use them!
1 The role of the receptionist
- Guardian of the reputation and success of the organisation
- Characteristics of a good receptionist
- The importance of a professional image
2 Customer service
- Why is customer service so important?
- What is good customer service?
- What are the benefits?
- Who are your customers?
- How we communicate
- Why building a rapport with your customers is so important
- Using body language appropriately
- Using effective listening skills
- Using effective questioning techniques
- Managing, and exceeding, expectations
4 Dealing with difficult people
- The three-step process for being more assertive
- How to say ‘no’ – nicely!
- How to stay calm throughout the day
5 Maintaining security and professional service
- How to handle potential security issues
- The importance of being observant
- Why a professional image is essential to any organisation